Energy savings tailored to multi-family buildings
CenterPoint Energy and Xcel Energy have teamed up to offer multi-family building owners an easy way to achieve energy savings and earn incentives for making energy improvements. We help you find energy-saving opportunities throughout common and residential areas—wherever savings are possible.
By participating in the Multi-Family Building Efficiency program, you get access to these services and benefits — all at no cost:
- Whole building energy analysis to determine the best approach to energy savings in your common areas and resident units.
- Installation of energy-saving items, including:
- Screw-in LED lights in common areas
- LED lights in resident units
- Energy-saving showerheads
- Energy-saving faucet aerators
- Exterior door weather stripping and door sweeps
- Smart power strips
- A report providing recommendations for projects that can improve your building’s energy performance.
- Consulting support for implementing recommended projects providing help navigating deeper energy improvement efforts requiring engineering, retrofitting or equipment.
- Rebates and bonus incentives for making energy upgrades throughout your building.
Learn more about rebates and incentives for making energy upgrades.
Eligibility to participate
- Electric service from Xcel Energy and natural gas service from either Xcel Energy or CenterPoint Energy in Minnesota.
- Building has five or more residential units.
- Building has a common entrance and common areas.
- Residential units have in-unit kitchens.