Energy savings for market-rate multi-family buildings
Take advantage of value-added services for multi-family building owners or operators to help find energy savings.
- A free, whole-building energy efficiency audit, conducted by an experienced building auditor.
- A complete report of findings and recommendations on ways to improve your building's energy efficiency.
- No-cost installation of energy-saving equipment throughout common areas and resident units.
- Brochures for your residents with important energy-saving tips.
- Implementation support and guidance.
- Rebates and bonus incentives for making energy-efficiency upgrades throughout your building.
- Rebate form submissions.
- Located in Minnesota
- Has five or more units
- Natural gas service through CenterPoint Energy or Xcel Energy
- The building has a shared entrance, common living areas and in-unit kitchens
Rewarding incentives begin with a free full-service energy efficiency audit
Get rewarded for investing in energy improvements and reducing your gas and electric consumption.
Qualified energy experts will conduct an audit of your entire building, including resident units and common areas, and will make suggestions on how to make it more energy efficient.
- Earn rebates on qualifying energy equipment offered through Xcel Energy or CenterPoint Energy.
- Earn an additional 30% BONUS to rebates earned on market-rate multi-family housing.
- If you own or operate an income-qualified building, learn how you can double your incentive for qualifying.
Trade Ally Incentives
Already a registered Trade Partner or Trade Ally or interested in becoming one? Learn about trade incentives (PDF) you can earn for recommending the Multi-Family Building Efficiency program.
Let’s Get Started
Connect with an energy advisor to get answers to your questions and learn how you can begin saving. Get Started
Multi-Family Building Efficiency Overview (PDF)
Multi-Family Building Efficiency Frequently Asked Questions
Case Study: Aeon Property Management Service (PDF)
Multi-Family Building Efficiency Information Sheet (PDF)
Two energy companies. One program. Save energy and money.
The Multi-Family Building Efficiency program, provided by Xcel Energy and CenterPoint Energy, is a free service that helps owners find ways to make their properties more energy efficient — an easy way to save money.